Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Tonight at Olive Park

Alice Linn and I went to Olive Park around 6 pm tonight.  It was light out and a comfortable temperature.

Alice had cooked up two pans of pork, rice and peas which she offered people with applesauce on the side.  It was yummy.
I bought a case of thick black trash bags to hand out.

When we arrived there were 4-5 people hanging around near the picnic table.  We invited them over and spread out the food.  Over the course of about an hour we gave food to 15-20 people. Some were passing on the trail; others probably heard about the food or saw someone eating.

Most of them didn't stick around to talk much.  Some people said they'd talked to the police who'd been telling them to move out of the park, not saying Monday but saying "the park is closed."  One person said there were many homeless people over by Food Max.

Piece was there, the man who came to our meeting on Monday for the first time.  He took flyers and offered to spread them around.  There was one collection of belongings off the path down by the creek.  One of the people there said they were working on getting it organized so they could leave. Much of it was bundled and covered with plastic.

One man said he had been trying to get into the Sam Jones shelter for weeks.  I said that he should return on Monday morning and he'd probably get right in.  It's ironic but this is someone who might be helped by what is going to happen.

I've heard from some of you about what you've been finding when you talk to people in the sweep area.  I've heard that people are being cleared now; that no one is around in Olive Park; that people are further down the Joe Rodota Trail...

Please let me/us know if you go out.   Let's share what we learn.   People will be scattered. People will be hurt.  We can prevent some of that and document offenses for the court if we spend some time now talking and getting some of the paperwork set up.

Adrienne

3 comments:

  1. I consider some people as godsend; especially those that are willing and able to do things that elevate and improve the lives of other people. LANX CREDIT SOLUTION is God sent. They really did a lot to see me through the distress I went through due to my poor credit that had a lot of negatives. When they swung into action after 7 days my story changed for good. They increased my Fico to 790 and remove the many hard and soft inquiries, collection, bankruptcy and Judgments I had. They also cleared my credit card debts. Contact them on LANXCREDITSOLUTION@GMAIL.COM or call/text/whatsapp (310) 879 2541. Help me say a big thank you to them and endeavor to use their services. They are the real deal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally amazed at how LANX CREDIT SOLUTION were able to complete my job in 10 days. I read reviews about them online. people were saying good things about them and how they helped them fixed their credit score and also cleaned up their report. I contacted them via their email, LANXCREDITSOLUTION@GMAIL.COMand later called them with (310) 879 2541 to know how the process works and what’s obtainable because I was ready to purchase a home but my credit was bad and my score 543. I had some charge offs, lots of student loans and late payments and needed a quick repair. Ten days after we got started, my score increased to 798 and the charge offs, loans, late payment removed. There is so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an unforgettable experience my score was about 450. I couldn’t get anything at all due to low fico. I had a few negatives, my profile was laden with hard inquiries. So I went online and found a credit company on a blog I contacted them on (310) 879 2541, and after further agreement I made with him, I made a decision that if he can help me, I will forever be in their debt, they assured me they will do everything possible to fix my credit. After 7 days I couldn’t believe my eyes, they deleted everything bad on my credit profile including my hard inquiries and increased my score to 790 and added two trade lines. They made me the happiest woman on earth. Please if you have a similar issues contact LANX CREDIT SOLUTION. Here is their mail LANXCREDITSOLUTION@GMAIL.COM. thanks.

    ReplyDelete