Friday, April 30, 2021

Bring California Home Act

 Greetings!


Here is a link to the current bill text of the Bring California Home Act. (https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billCompareClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220AB71&showamends=false).  

Almost a hundred organizations and individuals testified yesterday, and there was none from Sonoma County in the list of supporters.  I'm working on getting Chris Coursey and Chris Rogers to get the County and Santa Rosa to support it.  The Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce opposed it, probably because depends almost entirely on raising corporate taxes.  We need to get everyone behind this.  It’s ongoing $2 billion/year for operating funds for homeless programs.

Most of what happens in California is guided by what comes out of the Legislature.  So if there’s a crystal ball into the future, it can be seen in the Assembly and Senate Daily File reports, and now increasingly in their online video committee hearings.

Here’s what I see think you should know:

If the supporters can find a way to broaden the revenue source to beyond corporate taxes (and the upper personal tax bracket), they might hang onto enough Democrats to pass the bill in both houses by the two-thirds required.

The bill requires that funding go annually, based the 2019 PIT Count, and performance on a number of outcomes to joint County & CoC applicants, and large cities, through the Homeless Coordinating and Financing Council.  Its operating and prevention subsidies require significant improvement in performance measurement, coordination, and gap analysis. It’s a good balance of carrot and stick which should please everyone a little.

Please join me in rallying support for this effort by Bring CA Home.

Gregory


 

1 comment:

  1. I had credit scores of 504(transunion) 511(Equifax) in January. I applied for loan in March when I desperately needed to get a house for my wife and kids but was not approved because of my low FICO scores. Out of desperation i started looking for help and I came across a post about a professional hacker called RANSOM WARECREDIT I was so nervous at first thinking they would take money and disappear on me but at the same time i really needed help so I gave them a shot. They magically boosted my FICO score to 760 within 72 hours across all 3 credit bureaus and I was approved for the loan within a week. I still have my scores high because it is a permanent hack. I am so happy and thankful to them and i will recommend ONLY them to anyone in need of such services. CONTACT; ransomwarecredit@gmail.com +1 (606) 715 6174.

    ReplyDelete